Those traveling to Fairmont are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Fayetteville, NC (FAY-Fayetteville Regional), 36.6 mi (58.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Fairmont
Places to visit in the larger region include Pinecrest Country Club, Luther Britt Park, and Robeson County Museum. In the area, you'll also find Carolina Civic Center and University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
As you plan your trip to Fairmont, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 31 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Comfort Inn Lumberton is 12 mi (19.4 km) from central Fairmont. This 2.5-star hotel in Lumberton features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Dillon is located 14.9 mi (24 km) from the heart of Fairmont. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Dillon can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lumberton, NC is 12 mi (19.3 km) from the center of Fairmont. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Lumberton can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Fairmont
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Fairmont is 43.03 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F