Gladstone Motels for the Frugal Traveler
In the larger Escanaba area, there are more than 34 hotels and other lodging choices, though there are only 4 low-priced motels. These cheaper accommodations can help you save some cash compared to traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
By saving on your room price, you can enjoy all that Gladstone has to offer. Top sights to visit include Hiawatha National Forest.
Fun fact: The term "motel" was coined in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often one or two stories tall, motels usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Below are some of our customers' top motels to choose from in the larger area:
Sunset Lodge Escanaba
- Located 6.2 mi (9.9 km) from the heart of Gladstone
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Super 8 by Wyndham Escanaba
- An indoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Gladstone is 6.3 mi (10.1 km) away
Lincoln Host Motor Inn
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of Gladstone
- Central Gladstone is 8.4 mi (13.6 km) away
- A café along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
What to Do in Gladstone
Visitors like Gladstone for the lakeside, restaurants, and bars. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Hiawatha National Forest
- Van Cleve Park & Gladstone Beach
- Pioneer Trail Park
To learn about the area's history, take time to see:
- Sand Point Lighthouse
- Peninsula Point Lighthouse
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Gladstone Golf Club
- Terrace Bluff Golf Club
- Irish Oaks Golf Course
Gladstone is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Gladstone
Determine the optimal time to visit Gladstone by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and May, while February and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 40° F and nighttime temperatures average 6° F
- April-June: 65° F is the daytime average and 24° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 77° F and nighttime averages are around 53° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 48° F during the day and 10° F at night
- Average rainfall is 15.00 inches in a year
How to Get to Gladstone and Around the Area
|Escanaba, MI (ESC-Delta County) ||Airport ||10.4 mi (16.7 km) |
|Marquette, MI (MQT-Sawyer Intl.) ||Airport ||36.3 mi (58.4 km) |