Visiting Glen Allen
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Glen Allen, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Richmond International Raceway, and Children's Museum of Richmond.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Richmond
- The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Glen Allen
The city's cultural venues include Virginia Randolph Museum and Lavender Fields Herb Farm. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cultural Arts Center Glen Allen and Crump Park and Meadow Farm Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Glen Allen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Richmond West - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Innsbrook can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Virginia Crossings Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton - Our customers like the convenient parking and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Richmond-West - This 2.5-star aparthotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia customers love its breakfast and room size.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, 3.6 mi/5.7 km from the city center, and Richmond International Raceway, which is 6.7 mi (10.8 km) away.
Dressing for Glen Allen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 27°F at night
- About 43.43 inches of rain falls on Glen Allen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F