Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chester, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Edgar Allan Poe Museum, St. John's Episcopal Church, and Virginia State Capitol.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Richmond
- The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chester
The city's natural beauty is on display at Parker's Battery Park, Henricus Historical Park, and Dutch Gap Conservation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Iron Bridge Sports Park and Point of Rocks Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Chester. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Marriott Chester - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Hampton Inn Richmond-Chester - Our customers like the quiet location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Richmond/Chester - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Edgar Allan Poe Museum, 12.2 mi/19.6 km from the city center, and St. John's Episcopal Church, which is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) away.
Dressing for Chester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Chester gets about 43.62 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 29°F