Visitors can enjoy all that Donaldsonville has to offer including the cafés, churches, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, restaurants, and shopping.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Donaldsonville
- The closest major airport is in Baton Rouge, LA (BTR-Baton Rouge Metropolitan), 29.9 mi (48 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 46.8 mi (75.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Donaldsonville
A favorite place to visit in the city is River Road African American Museum. You'll also find Pelican Point Golf Club and Lamar Dixon Expo Center in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Donaldsonville. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Donaldsonville - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Donaldsonville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Donaldsonville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Donaldsonville gets about 61.30 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F