Visiting Grand Isle
Visitors can enjoy all that Grand Isle has to offer including the beaches and parks. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Grand Isle
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 54.3 mi (87.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Isle
Favorite places to visit in the city include Grand Isle Butterfly Dome, Rotary Park, and Grand Isle State Park. In the area, you'll also find Port Fourchon Marina and Top Water Marina.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Grand Isle. This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Dolphin Inn and Cottages - With a stay at this 3-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Grand Isle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Grand Isle gets about 60.67 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F