Visitors to Marrero are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, architecture, and cathedral. Top sights around the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Audubon Park, and National World War II Museum.
- You'll find 1329 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Orleans
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 11 mi (17.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marrero
Favorite places to visit in the city include Bella Terra Park, Ames Shopping Center, and Lapalco Village Shopping Center. Additionally, you might want to add Jean Lafitte National Historic Park and Preserve to your agenda.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn Marrero - New Orleans West - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Popular places to see around the area include Mercedes-Benz Superdome, 5 mi/8 km from the heart of the city, and Audubon Park, which is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) away.
Dressing for Marrero
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Average annual rainfall for Marrero is 66.61 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 47°F