Visiting Great Barrington
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Great Barrington, which is also known for its live music and ski areas. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its theaters.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Great Barrington
- The closest major airport is in Pittsfield, MA (PSF-Pittsfield Municipal), 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hudson, NY (HCC-Columbia County), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Great Barrington
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center is a local cultural venue. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and such places to visit as Lake Mansfield Park and Beartown State Forest. Skiing is just one of the top activities, while Ski Butternut and Dry Hill are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Great Barrington. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Barrington - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Wainwright Inn - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Briarcliff Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Great Barrington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.43 inches of rain falls on Great Barrington each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F