Visiting Great Valley
Visitors to Great Valley are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Olean, NY (OLE-Cattaraugus County), 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Bradford, PA (BFD-Bradford Regional), 28.6 mi (46 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Great Valley
Places to visit in the larger region include Sky High Aerial Adventure Park, Holiday Valley Resort, and Winery of Ellicottville. You'll also find Nannen Arboretum and Seneca Iroquois National Museum in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Great Valley, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 39 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville is located 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Ellicottville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Edelweiss Lodge is 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star lodge in Ellicottville features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- The Tamarack Club is located within 3.8 mi (6.1 km) of the city center. This 3-star condo in Ellicottville features a full-service spa, a golf course, and ski slopes. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
Dressing for Great Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Average annual rainfall for Great Valley is 42.72 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 12°F