Visiting Hernando Beach
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Hernando Beach has to offer. A top sight in the area is Chassahowitzka Wildlife Reserve.
- There are 142 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 34.7 mi (55.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 38.9 mi (62.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hernando Beach
Chassahowitzka Wildlife Reserve is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Nature Coast Botanical Gardens and Bayport Park Boat Ramp.
As you plan your vacation to Hernando Beach, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 83 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
Dressing for Hernando Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Hernando Beach gets about 52.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and June with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 45°F