Visitors to Dunedin are sure to enjoy the waterfront, breweries, and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its baseball games. Top sights around the area include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Pier 60 Park, and Sand Key Park.
- You'll find 2574 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 15.5 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunedin
The city's cultural venues include Dunedin Fine Art Center and Dunedin Historical Society and Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunsets and such places to visit as Caladesi Island State Park and Honeymoon Island State Park. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and biking, while Dunedin Marina is one place to visit.
In Dunedin, you'll find 106 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Beyond The Wall Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater North-Dunedin - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Palm Court Motel - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Top places to see in the area include Clearwater Marine Aquarium, located 4.3 mi (7 km) from the heart of the city, and Pier 60 Park, which is 4.7 mi/7.5 km away.
Dressing for Dunedin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- About 54.72 inches of rain falls on Dunedin each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F