Visiting Clearwater Beach
Travelers to Clearwater Beach give high marks for the clear water beaches, live music scene, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its aquarium and bars. Top sights in the city include Pier 60 Park, Clearwater Marine Aquarium, and Sand Key Park.
- You'll find 2574 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Clearwater Beach
Attractions like Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Beach Walk, and Captain Blighs Landing are fun for kids of all ages. The clear water beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Pier 60 Park, Sand Key Park, and Caladesi Island State Park. Additionally, you might want to add Clearwater Municipal Marina to your agenda.
In Clearwater Beach, you'll find 306 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Opal Sands Resort - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Barefoot Bay Resort & Marina - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Sandpearl Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
A top sight outside the city is Big Cat Rescue, located 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Clearwater Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- Clearwater Beach gets about 54.72 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F