Find Cheap Hostels in Houston
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Hostels in Houston
Other property types in Houston
The Woodlands Resort
Reviewed on Sep 26, 2020
Marriott Marquis Houston
Reviewed on Oct 12, 2020
Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
Reviewed on Oct 5, 2020
What Is a Hostel?
If you're in the market for an affordable place to stay in Houston, a hostel in town might be a great choice. No two hostels look exactly alike, but these dormitory-style accommodations all have the following:
- Shared rooms (though many have private options too)
- Budget-friendly prices
- A social setting
Hostels are a great way to stay in Houston for a good value, so you can save more for exploring. You can check out the theaters and other cultural highlights in this destination, as well as activities like shopping.
Hostels in Houston
While you're deciding on somewhere to stay, take a look at this top Houston hostel:
HI Houston: The Morty Rich Hostel - Property features include free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
When Is the Best Time to Visit Houston?
The weather can be a big factor when you're discovering new places, so here are some stats about the seasons:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 77° F and nighttime temperatures average 43° F
- April-June: 93° F is the daytime average and 56° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 96° F and nighttime averages are around 66° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 86° F during the day and 42° F at night
- Average rainfall is 49.80 inches in a year
What Can I Do in Houston?
Depending on what you're interested in, you might appreciate these places:Top Sights
- Discovery Green
- Houston Zoo
- Downtown Aquarium
- Memorial Park
- Tranquility Park
- Market Square Park
- Johnson Space Center - NASA
- Menil Collection
- Children's Museum of Houston
Overall, Houston is known for its:
- Live music
How to Get to Houston and Around the Area
You can search for flights to the nearest airport in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), located 9 mi (14.4 km) away from the city center. An alternative is Houston, TX (IAH-George Bush Intercontinental), which is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away. When you're out and about, you may want to use public transit during your trip. Nearby metro stations include Main Street Square Station, Preston Station, and Bell Station. If you're hoping to see more of the surrounding area, head over to Houston Station to catch a train.