Visiting Howes Cave
Visitors can enjoy all that Howes Cave has to offer including the parks and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and scenic setting.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cooperstown - Otsego Lake
- The closest major airport is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Howes Cave
The picturesque setting of Howe Caverns and Secret Caverns exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Iroquois Indian Museum to your agenda.
As you plan for your vacation to Howes Cave, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 22 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Inn at Cobleskill is located 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Cobleskill can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Cobleskill NY is 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Cobleskill can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Quality Inn & Suites is located within 4 mi (6.5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Schoharie can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
Dressing for Howes Cave
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 9°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- Average annual rainfall for Howes Cave is 46.38 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 11°F