Travelers to Kitchener give high marks for the shopping, college vibe, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its festivals, live music, and theaters. Top sights in the city include Centre In The Square and Bingemans.
- There are 99 hotels and other accommodations in Kitchener
- The closest major airport is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 34.7 mi (55.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kitchener
Known for its festivals, live music, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Centre In The Square, Joseph Schneider Haus, and Waterloo Region Museum. Attractions like Bingemans, Waterloo Central Railway Station, and Laser Quest are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Mary's Church, Cambridge Sculpture Garden, and Guelph Market Square.
In Kitchener, there are 99 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Forest Hill Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Waterloo - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Waterloo/St. Jacobs - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include African Lion Safari, 17.2 mi/27.7 km from the city center, and Glen Eden Ski and Snowboard Centre, which is 27.6 mi/44.5 km away.
Getting Around Kitchener
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kitchener Station or Guelph Station. Kitchener might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Kitchener
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 12°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Kitchener gets about 34.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 14°F