Travelers give high marks for the college vibe in Guelph, which is also known for its festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, cathedral, and live music.
- You'll find 69 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kitchener
- The closest major airport is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 9.2 mi (14.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 31 mi (50 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guelph
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Guelph Civic Museum, River Run Centre, and McCrae House. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Guelph is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Guelph Market Square and Sleeman Centre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Guelph. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Norfolk Guest House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Staybridge Suites Guelph - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Western Hotel & Executive Suites - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Guelph
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Guelph Station. Guelph might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Guelph
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 12°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Guelph is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 14°F