Visiting Kitty Hawk
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Kitty Hawk, which is also known for its water parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and aquarium. A top sight in the area is Wright Brothers National Memorial.
- There are 182 hotels and other accommodations in Kitty Hawk
- The closest major airport is in Manteo, NC (MEO-Dare County Regional), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kitty Hawk
Notable city landmarks like Monument to a Century of Flight and Holy Redeemer Catholic Church might be worth a visit. Fishing is just one of the top activities, while Sea Scape Golf Links and Duck Woods Country Club are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aycock Brown Welcome Center and Children at Play Museum.
In Kitty Hawk, you'll be able to select from 182 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cypress Moon Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Beachwoods by Diamond Resorts - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Wright Brothers National Memorial, located 6 mi (9.6 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Kitty Hawk
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kitty Hawk is 49.96 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F