Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lafayette, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 86 hotels and other accommodations in Lafayette
- The closest major airport is in Lafayette, IN (LAF-Purdue University), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lafayette
Families come for attractions such as Indiana Beach Amusement Resort, Crawfordsville Aquatic Center, and Jerry E. Clegg Botanic Gardens. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Shafer, Prophetstown State Park, and Badlands Off Road Park. Football fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Mackey Arena or Ross-Ade Stadium.
In Lafayette, there are 86 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Doubletree by Hilton Lafayette East, IN - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Crawfordsville - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites West Lafayette - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Getting Around Lafayette
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lafayette Station or Crawfordsville Station. Lafayette might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lafayette
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Lafayette gets about 38.19 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F