Families will find kid-friendly activities in Layton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and opera houses. A top sight in the area is Lagoon Amusement Park.
- You'll find 180 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ogden
- The closest major airport is in Salt Lake City, UT (SLC-Salt Lake City Intl.), 19 mi (30.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Layton
A favorite place to visit in the city is Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve. Additionally, you'll find Lagoon Amusement Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Layton. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Layton Park Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Layton - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Layton
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Layton Station. Layton may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Layton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 21.97 inches of rain falls on Layton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 23°F