Visiting Mount Dora
History buffs will enjoy exploring Mount Dora, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its shopping and live music.
- You'll find 358 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Leesburg
- The closest major airport is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Dora
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Mount Dora Museum Of Speed and Mount Dora History Museum. The lakeside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Gilbert Park, Evans Park, and Donnelly Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Renninger's Antique Center is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Mount Dora. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mount Dora Historic Inn - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Heron Cay Lakeview Bed & Breakfast Inn - Our customers like the quiet location and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool.
- Farnsworth House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mount Dora
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- Mount Dora gets about 51.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 50°F