Visiting Little Rock
Travelers to Little Rock give high marks for the riverfront, live music scene, and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, zoo, and theaters. Top sights in the city include William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park, Verizon Arena, and Arkansas State Capitol Building.
- There are 156 hotels and other accommodations in Little Rock
- The closest major airport is in Little Rock, AR (LIT-Clinton National Airport), 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hot Springs, AR (HOT-Memorial Field), 50.1 mi (80.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Little Rock
Known for its live music, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Robinson Center, William J. Clinton Presidential Library, and Old State House Museum. Attractions like Little Rock Zoo, Arkansas State Fairgrounds, and Funland Amusement Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Little Rock Central High School, Mount Holly Cemetery, and Trinity Cathedral.
In Little Rock, there are 156 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Baker - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- The Empress of Little Rock - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Little Rock features free breakfast, free parking, and spa services.
- Hampton Inn North Little Rock McCain Mall - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Little Rock include William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park, Verizon Arena, and Arkansas State Capitol Building.
Getting Around Little Rock
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Little Rock Union Station. Little Rock might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Little Rock
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.04 inches of rain falls on Little Rock each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F