Families will find kid-friendly activities in Macon, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, university setting, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the city is Macon Coliseum.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Macon
- The closest major airport is in Macon, GA (MCN-Middle Georgia Regional), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Macon
The city is well known for its live music and opera, and cultural venues include Grand Opera House, The Allman Brothers Band Museum at the Big House, and Warner Robins Museum of Aviation. Favorite family attractions include Rigby's Entertainment Complex and Silver Dollar Raceway. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Hay House, and Cannonball House.
In Macon, you'll find 119 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 1842 Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free valet parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon-North - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Courtyard by Marriott Warner Robins - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Macon include Macon Coliseum.
Dressing for Macon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 45.71 inches of rain falls on Macon each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F