Families will find kid-friendly activities in Matamoras, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Matamoras
- The closest major airport is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 52.2 mi (84.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Matamoras
Places to visit in the larger region include Fort Decker Museum of History, Tri-States Rock, and Witness Monument. Additionally, you'll find The Columns Museum and The Upper Mill in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Matamoras - Milford - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Matamoras
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Matamoras is 47.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F