Visiting Merritt Island
Visitors to Merritt Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its stargazing spots. Top sights around the area include Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach Pier, and Cocoa Expo Sports Center.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Merritt Island
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, FL (MLB-Orlando Melbourne Intl.), 22.2 mi (35.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 38.2 mi (61.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Merritt Island
Favorite places to visit in the city include Savannahs Golf Course, Brevard Veterans Memorial Center, and Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Additionally, you might want to add Rocket Garden to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Merritt Island. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cape Crossing Resort & Marina - This 4-star condo resort features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and beach locale.
- Econo Lodge Port Canaveral Area - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Port Canaveral, 3.3 mi/5.2 km from the heart of the city, and Cocoa Beach Pier, which is 5.8 mi/9.3 km away.
Dressing for Merritt Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 49°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Merritt Island is 51.97 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 50°F