Find Hotels in Vergennes, VT
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 16, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 12, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Vergennes has to offer including the waterfalls, architecture, and basketball games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, churches, and opera houses. Top sights in the area include Church Street Marketplace and Waterfront Park.
- You'll find 96 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Burlington
- The closest major airport is in Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.), 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Montpelier, VT (MPV-Edward F. Knapp State), 34.2 mi (55.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vergennes
The city's cultural venues include Vergennes Opera House and Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Vergennes Falls Park, Button Bay State Park, and Lake Champlain. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bixby Memorial Library and Chimney Point State Historic Site.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Vergennes. Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Basin Harbor - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, a golf course, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Fort Ticonderoga, 23.5 mi/37.9 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Vergennes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 13°F at night
- About 39.92 inches of rain falls on Vergennes each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Vergennes?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Vergennes, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Vergennes?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Vergennes?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Vergennes?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Vergennes?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Button Bay State Park?
What about the best place to stay near Chimney Point State Historic Site?
What's the best accommodation to stay near the beach in Vergennes?
What are some hotels with pools in Vergennes?
Recent reviews of Vergennes hotels
More trip options
- Vergennes Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Vergennes Airports
- Hotels near Popular Vergennes Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Vergennes
- More Hotel Options in Vergennes
- More Popular Hotels in Burlington
- Other Hotels near Vergennes, Burlington
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends