Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Montrose, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, art, and theaters.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in Montrose
- The closest major airport is in Montrose, CO (MTJ-Montrose Regional), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Telluride, CO (TEX-Telluride Regional), 36.2 mi (58.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montrose
Cultural venues in the city include Ute Indian Museum, Museum of the Mountain West, and Delta County Historical Society. Notable city landmarks like Cimarron Railroad Exhibit and Fort Uncompahgre might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Curecanti National Recreation Area, and Paonia Park.
In Montrose, there are 52 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bross Hotel - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn Montrose - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Stay Wise Inn Cedaredge - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Montrose
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Montrose gets about 10.16 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F