Travelers give high marks for the magnificent mountain views in Ouray, which is also known for its breweries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and architecture.
- There are 115 hotels and other accommodations in Ouray
- The closest major airport is in Telluride, CO (TEX-Telluride Regional), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ouray
Cultural venues in the city include Ouray Alchemist Museum, Wright Opera House, and Ouray County Museum. The mountain views, hiking trails, and waterfalls highlight the city's natural beauty, and Cascade Falls, Uncompahgre Gorge, and Ouray Ice Park are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Box Canyon Falls Park and Ouray Hot Springs Pool.
In Ouray, you'll be able to select from 115 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bridal Veil B&B - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- China Clipper Inn - Our customers like the walkable location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ouray
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 18°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 2°F at night
- About 23.39 inches of rain falls on Ouray each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 4°F