Visiting New Brunswick
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Brunswick, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, entertainment choices, and bars.
- You'll find 98 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Somerset
- The closest major airport is in Manville, NJ (JVI-Central Jersey Regional), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Princeton, NJ (PCT), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Brunswick
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include State Theater, George Street Playhouse, and Rutgers University Geology Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Rutgers New Brunswick is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Christ Church New Brunswick and Kilmer Square.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in New Brunswick. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Heldrich Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and room service.
- Hyatt Regency New Brunswick - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around New Brunswick
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Brunswick Station or New Brunswick Jersey Ave Station. New Brunswick may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for New Brunswick
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for New Brunswick is 48.90 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F