Visitors can enjoy all that Metuchen has to offer including the musical theater, entertainment choices, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its football games. A top sight in the area is Prudential Center.
- You'll find 98 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Somerset
- The closest major airport is in Linden, NJ (LDJ), 8 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manville, NJ (JVI-Central Jersey Regional), 12.3 mi (19.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Metuchen
Prudential Center is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find Light Dispelling Darkness and Stephen J. Capestro Theater in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Metuchen, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 100 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Corporate / Family Rental is located 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the heart of Metuchen. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Newark can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- Wyndham Garden Hotel Newark Airport is 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from central Metuchen. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Carteret can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- Hotel Executive Suites is 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the center of Metuchen. This 3.5-star hotel in Newark features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to the airport.
Getting Around Metuchen
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Metuchen Station. Metuchen may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Metuchen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Metuchen gets about 48.90 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F