Families will find kid-friendly activities in Somerset, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and college vibe. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its festivals and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Staten Island Mall.
- There are 112 hotels and other accommodations in Somerset
- The closest major airport is in Manville, NJ (JVI-Central Jersey Regional), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Princeton, NJ (PCT), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Somerset
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include State Theater, Thomas Edison Museum, and George Street Playhouse. Favorite family attractions include Triple C Ranch and Nature Center and Bowcraft Amusement Park (Bowcraft Playland). The city is notable for landmarks like Sri Venkateswara Temple, Edison Memorial Tower, and East Jersey Old Town Village.
In Somerset, you'll find 112 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bridgewater Branchburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Springhill Suites Somerset Franklin Township - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Staten Island Mall, located 19.9 mi (32 km) from the heart of the city, and Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall, which is 22 mi/35.4 km away.
Getting Around Somerset
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from New Brunswick Jersey Ave Station, New Brunswick Station, or Bound Brook Station. Somerset might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Somerset
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- About 48.93 inches of rain falls on Somerset each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F