Visiting Ocean City
Travelers to Ocean City give high marks for the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. A top sight in the area is Steel Pier.
- You'll find 377 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlantic City
- The closest major airport is in Atlantic City, NJ (ACY-Atlantic City Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cape May, NJ (WWD-Cape May County), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ocean City
Attractions like Playland's Castaway Cove, Congo Falls Adventure Golf, and Haunted Golf are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Snicklefritz Reef, Ocean City Beach, and Corson's Inlet State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ocean City Boardwalk and Boardwalk Adventures Water Park.
In Ocean City, you'll find 103 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Port-O-Call Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- The Bayberry Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ocean City Mansion Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its comfortable and quiet rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Steel Pier, located 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Ocean City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ocean City is 41.73 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F