Visitors can enjoy all that Okutama has to offer including the mountain views, temples, and lakeside setting. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Okutama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 45.2 mi (72.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Okutama
The city's natural beauty is on display at Nippara Limestone Caves, Mt. Takanosu, and Hikawa Gorge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Okutama Visitor Center and Hyakuhirono Falls.
As you plan for your vacation to Okutama, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 86 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Minshuku Unzenya is 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from central Okutama. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Okutama features free parking.
- Matsuno Onsen Suikoen is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the center of Okutama. Guests who stay at this 3-star ryokan in Okutama can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- HOTEL MYSTAYS Tachikawa is located 22.3 mi (35.8 km) from the heart of Okutama. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Tachikawa can enjoy access to a restaurant and spa services, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean rooms.
Dressing for Okutama
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 1.50 inches of rain falls on Okutama each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F