Visitors can enjoy all that Hachioji has to offer including the breweries, festivals, and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and opera houses. Museum of Japanese Houses, Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, and Yoyogi Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Hachioji
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 26.1 mi (42.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hachioji
Cultural venues in the city include Murauchi Art Museum, Tokyo Fuji Art Museum, and Silk Road Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Komiya Park, Fujimori Park, and Tama Forest Science Garden. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Takao Trick Art Museum and Takao 599 Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Hachioji. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Keio Plaza Hotel Hachioji - This 3.5-star hotel features 6 restaurants, free WiFi, and 2 bars. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- The b tokyo hachioji - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- R&B Hotel Hachioji - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and laundry facilities, along with free Internet.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Museum of Japanese Houses, located 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, which is 18.6 mi (29.9 km) away.
Getting Around Hachioji
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Hachioji is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Chuo-Daigaku-Meisei-Daigaku Station, Otsuka-Teikyo-Daigaku Station, and Matsugaya Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Tokyo Hachioji Station, Keio-hachioji Station, or Tokyo Keio-katakura Station.
Dressing for Hachioji
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Average annual rainfall for Hachioji is 1.50 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F