Visitors to Opelousas are sure to enjoy the casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, art, and churches.
- You'll find 140 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lafayette
- The closest major airport is in Lafayette, LA (LFT-Lafayette Regional), 23 mi (37.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Opelousas
A couple of favorite places to visit are Louisiana Orphan Train Museum and Indian Hills Country Club. You'll also find Pelican Park and Moore Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Opelousas. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
Dressing for Opelousas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Average annual rainfall for Opelousas is 60.55 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 42°F