Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oxford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, university setting, and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Talladega National Forest and Talladega Superspeedway.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in Oxford
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 47.1 mi (75.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oxford
Cultural venues in the city include Anniston Museum of Natural History, International Motorsports Hall of Fame, and Berman Museum of World History. The city's natural beauty is on display at Talladega National Forest, Logan Martin Lake, and Chief Ladiga Trail Head. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Quintard Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Oxford, you'll be able to select from 50 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Jacksonville-Anniston Area - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Comfort Suites Pell City - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Other top sights in Oxford include Talladega Superspeedway.
Getting Around Oxford
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Anniston Station. Oxford may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Oxford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Oxford is 49.65 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F