Visiting Padre Island National Seashore
Travelers to Padre Island National Seashore give high marks for the beaches, seafood restaurants, and entertainment choices. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music. Top sights in the city include South Padre Island Beach, Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, and Malaquite Beach.
- There are 1960 hotels and other accommodations in Padre Island National Seashore
- The closest major airport is in Harlingen, TX (HRL-Valley Intl.), 48.5 mi (78.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Padre Island National Seashore
Attractions like Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, Sea Turtle Rescue Center, and Schlitterbahn Waterpark Corpus Christi are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: South Padre Island Beach, Malaquite Beach, and Whitecap Beach. Top activities include fishing and dolphin watching, while Bob Hall Pier and Queen Isabella State Fishing Pier are sights to visit.
In Padre Island National Seashore, you'll find 1960 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Palms Resort - Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Best Western Beachside Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi - N Padre Island - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Padre Island National Seashore
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- About 27.49 inches of rain falls on Padre Island National Seashore each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F