Visiting Palheiro Ferreiro
Visitors to Palheiro Ferreiro are sure to enjoy the golf courses, seaside, and gardens. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Palheiro Gardens, Madeira Stadium, and Botanical Garden are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Palheiro Ferreiro
- The closest major airport is in Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Palheiro Ferreiro
Golfing is a top activity, and Palheiro Golf Club is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Palheiro Gardens and Madeira Stadium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Palheiro Ferreiro. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Casa Velha Do Palheiro - Guests who stay at this 5-star country house in Sao Goncalo can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Palheiro Village - Golf, Gardens & Spa - Our customers love the quiet location and helpful staff at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Sao Goncalo can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hotel Ocean Gardens - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Sao Goncalo can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Botanical Garden, located 1.9 mi (3 km) from the heart of the city, and Monte Palace Gardens, which is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) away.
Dressing for Palheiro Ferreiro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Palheiro Ferreiro is 25.35 inches
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F