Visiting Camara de Lobos
Visitors to Camara de Lobos are sure to enjoy the seaside and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Monte Palace Gardens, Botanical Garden, and Madeira Stadium.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Camara de Lobos
- The closest major airport is in Funchal (FNC-Cristiano Ronaldo), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Camara de Lobos
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Cabo Girao. In the area, you'll also find Monte Palace Gardens and Botanical Garden.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Camara de Lobos. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Quinta da Serra - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Village Cabo Girao - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Eira do Serrado Hotel & SPA - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Madeira Stadium, located 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Palheiro Gardens, which is 7.1 mi/11.4 km away.
Dressing for Camara de Lobos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Camara de Lobos gets about 25.35 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F