Visitors can enjoy all that Pomfret has to offer including the wineries and restaurants. There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Pawtucket, RI (SFZ-North Central State), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Worcester, MA (ORH-Worcester Regional), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Pomfret
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sharpe Hill Vineyard. You'll also find Harrisville Golf Course and Nathaniel Lyon Memorial Park in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Pomfret, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 52 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Fall is Magical at the Auberge Estate & Ideal for Get-togethers/retreats/events is 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the center of Pomfret. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Sturbridge can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Sturbridge is 15 mi (24.1 km) from central Pomfret. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Norwich can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
- Courtyard by Marriott Norwich is located 22.3 mi (35.9 km) from the heart of Pomfret. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Norwich can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and convenient parking.
Dressing for Pomfret
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- About 48.43 inches of rain falls on Pomfret each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F