Travelers to Norwich give high marks for the casinos and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and live music. A top sight in the area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Westerly, RI (WST-Westerly State), 20 mi (32.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Norwich
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Leffingwell House Historic Museum, Slater Memorial Museum, and Spirit of Broadway Theater. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Norwichtown Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Upper Falls Heritage Park and Mohegan Park and Memorial Rose Garden.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Norwich. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Norwich - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Courtyard by Marriott Norwich - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Spa at Norwich Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, located 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Norwich
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Norwich gets about 49.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F