Visiting Port Arthur
Visitors to Port Arthur are sure to enjoy the waterfront, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, live music, and local tours.
- You'll find 86 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Beaumont
- The closest major airport is in Beaumont, TX (BPT-Southeast Texas Regional), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Beaumont, TX (BMT-Beaumont Municipal), 21.5 mi (34.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Arthur
Favorite places to visit in the city include Pleasure Island, London Bridge Park, and Sabine Lake. Additionally, you might want to add Babe Zaharias Golf Course to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Port Arthur. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Towneplace Suites Beaumont Port Arthur - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites PORT ARTHUR - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Arthur - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Port Arthur
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Average annual rainfall for Port Arthur is 60.55 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 45°F