Visiting Prince George
Visitors to Prince George are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights in the area include Virginia State Capitol, White House of the Confederacy, and Edgar Allan Poe Museum.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Richmond
- The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Prince George
A couple of favorite places to visit are Fort Lee and Swaders Sports Park. In the area, you'll also find U.S. Army Women's Museum and U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn & Suites At Fort Lee - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Prince George
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.90 inches of rain falls on Prince George each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F