Families will find kid-friendly activities in Petersburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Vibrant and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the area include Virginia State Capitol, White House of the Confederacy, and Edgar Allan Poe Museum.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Richmond
- The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Petersburg
Cultural venues in the city include Siege Museum, Farmers Bank, and Centre Hill Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Petersburg National Battlefield Park, U.S. Army Quartermaster Museum, and U.S. Army Women's Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Pamplin Historical Park, Hatcher's Run Battlefield, and White Oak Road Battlefield.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Petersburg. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ragland Mansion Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Jury's Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable, quiet rooms at this inn. Amenities at this 2.5-star inn include a terrace and a private balcony.
- Hampton Inn Petersburg-Ft. Lee - This 2.5-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Petersburg
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Petersburg Station. Petersburg might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Petersburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 43.90 inches of rain falls on Petersburg each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F