Find Hotels in Punta Arenas
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 7, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 25, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 7, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 27, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 18, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 4, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2020
Visiting Punta Arenas
Visitors can enjoy all that Punta Arenas has to offer including its monuments. There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in La Paz, Baja California Sur (LAP-Manuel Marquez de Leon Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta Arenas
A favorite place to visit in the city is Punta Arenas Lighthouse. In the area, you'll also find La Ventana Beach and La Ventana Campground.
As you make plans for a getaway to Punta Arenas, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Palapas Ventana is 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from central Punta Arenas. This 2.5-star hotel in La Ventana features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
- Hotel Punta Pescadero Paradise is 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the center of Punta Arenas. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Los Barriles can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Las Terrazas del Cortes is located 14.6 mi (23.4 km) from the heart of Punta Arenas. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in El Cardonal can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Punta Arenas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 92°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Punta Arenas is 7.09 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F