Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Queenstown, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, local tours, and ski areas. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its mountain views and wineries. Top sights in the city include Coronet Peak Ski Area, Skyline Gondola, and Queenstown Gardens.
- There are 647 hotels and other accommodations in Queenstown
- The closest major airport is in Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wanaka (WKA), 35.7 mi (57.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Queenstown
Cultural venues in the city include Lakes District Museum, Toi o Tahuna, and Queenstown Arts Centre. Attractions like Skyline Gondola, Kiwi and Birdlife Park, and Cardrona Adventure Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Walter Peak High Country Farm, Williams Cottage, and Arrowtown Chinese Settlement.
In Queenstown, you'll find 647 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Azur Luxury Lodge - This 5-star bed & breakfast in Sunshine Bay features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Gibbston House - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Millbrook Resort - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course, and 4 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Queenstown include Coronet Peak Ski Area, Queenstown Gardens, and Shotover Jet.
Dressing for Queenstown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 39.25 inches of rain falls on Queenstown each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 36°F