Visiting Rocky Mount
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rocky Mount, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This tucked away city also attracts tourists with its shopping and sporting events. A top sight in the city is Rocky Mount Sports Complex.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Rocky Mount
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, NC (PGV-Pitt-Greenville), 31.6 mi (50.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 55.7 mi (89.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rocky Mount
Cultural venues in the city include Dunn Center for The Performing Arts, Rocky Mount Children's Museum and Science Center, and Edna Boykin Cultural Center. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Golden East Crossing Mall and Rocky Mount Mills. While baseball fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Rocky Mount Sports Complex.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Rocky Mount. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Rocky Mount - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Hampton Inn Rocky Mount - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rocky Mount - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Rocky Mount
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Rocky Mount Station or Wilson Station. Rocky Mount may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rocky Mount
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Rocky Mount is 44.76 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F