Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wilson, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tucked away and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its sporting events and shopping.
- You'll find 40 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rocky Mount
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, NC (PGV-Pitt-Greenville), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 50.3 mi (81 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilson
The city's cultural venues include Imagination Station and Edna Boykin Cultural Center. Additionally, you might want to add Wedgewood Golf Course to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wilson. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Wilson Downtown - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Wilson - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Affordable Suites Wilson - This 2-star aparthotel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers love its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Wilson
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Wilson Station. Wilson might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Wilson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Wilson gets about 44.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F