Find Hotels in Rothenburg
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 15, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 6, 2020
Those traveling to Rothenburg are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Around the area, top sights include Loewenplatz, Lucerne Town Hall, and Chapel Bridge.
- There are 309 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rothenburg
Loewenplatz, Lucerne Town Hall, and Chapel Bridge are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Swiss Transportation Museum and Mount Pilatus.
As you make plans for a getaway to Rothenburg, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 199 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- CHÄRNSMATT Gasthof & Spielparadies is located in central Rothenburg. This 2-star hotel in Rothenburg features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Ameron Hotel Flora is located within 0.4 mi (0.7 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lucerne can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Central Luzern is 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Lucerne features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to public transit.
Dressing for Rothenburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Rothenburg gets about 1.06 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Rothenburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rothenburg, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Rothenburg?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to Rothenburg?
What are some hotels with pools in Rothenburg?
Recent reviews of Rothenburg hotels
More trip options
- Rothenburg Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Rothenburg Airports
- Hotels near Popular Rothenburg Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Rothenburg
- More Hotel Options in Rothenburg
- More Popular Hotels in Canton of Lucerne
- Other Hotels near Rothenburg, Canton of Lucerne
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends