Visiting Santa Maria
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Santa Maria, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music. Top sights in the area include Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, Morro Bay State Park, and Morro Rock.
- You'll find 738 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 22.9 mi (36.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Maria
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Natural History Museum, Santa Maria Valley Historical Society, and Santa Maria Valley Discovery Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Simas Park, Santa Maria Fairpark, and Los Padres National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Santa Maria Civic Theatre and Marian and Severson Theaters.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Santa Maria. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Santa Maria - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Big America - Our customers like the WiFi and comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Radisson Hotel Santa Maria - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Santa Maria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Santa Maria is 13.43 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 40°F