Visiting Arroyo Grande
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Arroyo Grande, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. A top sight in the area is Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa.
- You'll find 738 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arroyo Grande
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Heritage House Museum and Gardens, Pismo Dunes Natural Preserve, and Oso Flaco Lake. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Swinging Bridge and Clark Center for the Performing Arts.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Arroyo Grande. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Casitas of Arroyo Grande - This 4-star bed & breakfast features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Arroyo Grande/Pismo Beach Area - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Casa Grande Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, 11.9 mi/19.1 km from the city center, and Morro Bay State Park, which is 20.8 mi/33.4 km away.
Dressing for Arroyo Grande
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Arroyo Grande is 0.55 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 37°F